Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Rugby League 2017.

Belle Vue Heat Leader Chris Morton

Ratings
    I see that Zak Hardaker has tested positive for cocaine. How can such a talented player on the field be such an idiot off it?

Ratings
    I was sorry to read today of the death of former Saints winger Tom Van Vollenhoven at the age of 82. He was one of the all time greats of our sport and I send my sincere condolences to his family, friends and all at St Helens RLFC. RIP Tom.

Belle Vue Heat Leader Shawn Moran

Ratings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hurst View Post
    I was sorry to read today of the death of former Saints winger Tom Van Vollenhoven at the age of 82. He was one of the all time greats of our sport and I send my sincere condolences to his family, friends and all at St Helens RLFC. RIP Tom.
    Him and boston were fantastic finishers, always had good outside Centre's greenall and ashton come to mind

Ratings
    I'm a Wigan fan but I always rated Tom Van Vollenhoven and would have loved to have had him on the other wing to Billy Boston. Although rivals on the field, Tom and Billy became great friends. Greenall and Ashton were great centres and Duggie certainly protected Tom during the early days of his rugby league career.

Ratings
    Why has Wayne Bennett taken Mark Percival to the World Cup? If, as one of only two genuine centres in the squad, Bennett doesn't trust him to play against the Aussies why didn't he take Michael Shenton or Oliver Gildart instead? I like John Bateman, he always gives 100% and has done a great job for Wigan covering at centre in an emergency, but he's not a centre and certainly not an international centre. As Dave Hadfield wrote in an article a couple of weeks ago, you don't beat the Aussies by playing second row forwards like John Bateman or Ben Currie in the centres. In my opinion, Mark Percival's in Australia and should be first choice left centre unless injured.

Ratings
    Is anyone following the Rugby League World Cup? I've seen all the England games and the BBC highlights programmes. Both Scotland and Wales have been very disappointing although both have been robbed of more experienced players because of injury. Ireland can be proud of their efforts and both Fiji and Tonga look very capable of producing some shock results in the later stages and PNG are very enthusiastic and play hard but may be a little too excitable to get past the quarter finals. New Zealand looked very good against Samoa and Australia remain the team to beat. England showed promise against Australia but were a big disappointment against Lebanon. To be honest, I wouldn't be confident of beating either Fiji or Tonga if we meet them in the semi finals although I would expect us to beat either PNG or Ireland in the quarter finals. I'm still concerned about Wayne Bennett's team selections, I don't think Heighington brings anything to the mix, I'd rather see McMeekin on the bench in his place and Bateman's efforts are wasted at centre. If Jermaine McGillvray is suspended, we will pay a heavy price for not taking a spare winger and centre. I hope England win the World Cup, but it's more hope than anticipation.

Ratings
    Does anyone fancy England in the World Cup Final tomorrow? Losing Lockers is a big blow, my wife says that he's the glue that holds everything together. I would have given the captaincy to James Graham, but Sam Burgess has done the job before. We have a chance, but we have to be 100% and hope the Aussies have an off day.

Belle Vue World Champion Peter Craven
    Ratings
    Big defensive arm wrestle which England could have won but lacked any attacking imagination.

Belle Vue Heat Leader Alan Wilkinson
    Ratings
    if only burgess knew how to hold on to a ball but to be fair better showing than I expected the ausies knew gaye was weak link and targeted him
    N S N O

Belle Vue World Champion Peter Collins
    Ratings
    An Australian ref....

In a World Cup Final in Australia...

With Australia in the Final.....

And I thought Speedway was Mickey Mouse. ..