Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 2017 Results

Belle Vue Reserve Ales Dryml

Ratings
    Quote Originally Posted by SPD444 View Post
    Yes, some of them seem very bitter about our part in Freddie's and Jacob's injuries. Someone called Steve Evans, who lives in the U.S.A. ( or so it says ) wonders if Rohan and Kenneth got winners medals. Seriously though I do hope the battle of the K.O. cup stays on the track. Is the first leg at our place, I can't find a date for the Wolves leg?
    I think Steve Evans is the bloke that brings the American teams over at NL level.

Obviously, the Yams can't let it go. Accidents and speedway go together unfortunately and last week was no exception. Its easy to blame others for your shortcomings, but in the end, they shot themselves in the foot. Too confident is the correct term to use. Had we been in against them, with the injuries to riders they had, I'm damn sure they would have been rubbing their grubby little mits at the prospect.

I sincerely hope that Fredrik and Jacob are on the mend soon and ready for next season, nobody with speedway at heart likes seeing riders injured, opposition or otherwise. What happened was one of those things. Seeing the footage of the Bjerre/Lindgren incident, it certainly looks like Fred was all over Kenneth's handlebars and as much to blame for it as anyone.

When we meet in the cup, we should do, I really hope that common sense prevails and we get on with the job of supporting our respective teams and respect each other.

Belle Vue Second String Joe Screen

Ratings
    Quote Originally Posted by youngy105 View Post
    Steve is originally from the Wolverhampton area and now lives in the USA. He does a lot of the work with the USA Speedway World Cup Team and was always involved when they brought their "Dream Team" over a few years back. Always found him to be very knowledgeable about the sport and fair in his views so I'm quite surprised he's bitter about Wolves being beat, then again as a Wolves fan I don't know why I'm so surprised he said what he said.

The First Leg of the KO Cup is Tuesday October 10th at Wolves.
    yes. good bloke steve evans. met him a couple of times. real fan and as you say does a lot with up an up and coming riders. he brought a team to bv a few years ago now. he a wolves support so maybe understand why bitter. think he will be more bitter next week.

Belle Vue Heat Leader Shawn Moran

Ratings
    Sheffield are coming up anyway

Ratings
    Where is the 1st leg at Wolves on Tues 10th info coming From?

Belle Vue Heat Leader Alan Wilkinson
    Ratings
    Quote Originally Posted by blueace View Post
    yes. good bloke steve evans. met him a couple of times. real fan and as you say does a lot with up an up and coming riders. he brought a team to bv a few years ago now. he a wolves support so maybe understand why bitter. think he will be more bitter next week.
    Think we have more than a fair share of bitter fans ourselves.

Belle Vue Second String Andy Smith
    Ratings
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Where is the 1st leg at Wolves on Tues 10th info coming From?
    Probably Youngy105's info came from the same source - but I 'phoned Belle Vue yesterday to buy my ticket for the home leg and I asked when the away leg would be...'Its on Tuesday 10th if its Wolves' was the answer I was given.

7. Likes Scorpion liked this post

Ratings
    Sounds like it is then. I'll be down there in a bit anyway so will ask too.

Belle Vue Reserve Ales Dryml

Ratings
    Quote Originally Posted by downthevale View Post
    Sheffield are coming up anyway
    Really hope Sheffield do come back up. Would be great to see them back in the top flight and see them at the NSS.

Happy memories as a kid of riding on their junior track.