Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Vs Wolves (Play Off Semi Final) MEETING OFF

Belle Vue Second String Jason Lyons
    Ratings
    I'd like to know how it feels just to get beat fair and square in the play offs. Every time there is some major talking point that has led to us missing out rather than a straight good/bad performance from both teams.
    It would be bad enough once but three years running?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Owd Codger thanked for this post
    Likes blocktread, wonderwilky, Halfbreed liked this post
    Belle Vue Reserve Ales Dryml

Ratings
    Quote Originally Posted by blueace View Post
    good. but why didn't the security people not sort them out. they must have seen the bottle throwing stuff?

sure they have tv serurity cameras? they should be banned for good.
    Possibly the bloke who does the video recording may have picked it up. If so, BV could enhance the images to see exactly who they are and root the empty head(s) out

I can accept defeat when beaten fair and square, but for me tonight, it was BV 0 Referee 2. Firstly, Freddie was all over Kenneth's handlebars and secondly, I am still convinced that young Dan beat Riss on the race to the line in heat 2. Cookie was a lucky lad not to get caught up in the carnage by a whisker.

Would it not be a good idea for big meetings such as the Play Offs to have footage available for a contentious decisions. There is a lot riding on these meetings and championships can be won and lost on one bad decision. Give the referee's the tools to get the correct decision. Yes, it will hurt one team, but at least the decision would be a fair one.

However, its all water under the bridge, we live to fight another day. More than likely we will welcome the Wolves back in the KOC. Lets do our talking on the track and at least bring some silverware home.

Belle Vue Heat Leader Alan Wilkinson
    Ratings
    Whatever the rights and wrongs of the meeting sad to hear Freddie's season is over, he remains in hospital with upper back injuries Fricke will replace him in the GP in Melbourne, I'm sure many of us wish him a speedy recovery.

5. Thanks Owd Codger, DaveTheAce thanked for this post
    Likes Dave Hurst liked this post
    Belle Vue Reserve Ales Dryml

Ratings
    Quote Originally Posted by barum View Post
    Whatever the rights and wrongs of the meeting sad to hear Freddie's season is over, he remains in hospital with upper back injuries Fricke will replace him in the GP in Melbourne, I'm sure many of us wish him a speedy recovery.
    Agree with you totally Barum. Nothing against Freddie at all, he is a real racer and I'm sure any true speedway follower will wish him a full and speedy recovery. All I was pointing out was what he had actually done. With Freddie being an aggressive, but a hard and fair rider, an accident like this is always on the cards.

7. Thanks barum thanked for this post
    Belle Vue Heat Leader Alan Wilkinson
    Ratings
    Quote Originally Posted by Owd Codger View Post
    Agree with you totally Barum. Nothing against Freddie at all, he is a real racer and I'm sure any true speedway follower will wish him a full and speedy recovery. All I was pointing out was what he had actually done. With Freddie being an aggressive, but a hard and fair rider, an accident like this is always on the cards.
    My post was not having a go you, it was purely on the news of Freddie's season being over I agree with the sentiments of your post though.

Belle Vue Reserve Chris Manchester

Ratings
    Here,here !

Belle Vue Second String Joe Screen

Ratings
    Whilst agreeing with the sentiments above about Lindgren, Wolves reserves appeared to have little problem tonight inflicting yet another damaging defeat on the Aces who have completely lost the ability to land a blow on Wolves at Monmore Green. Lack of belief, lack of confidence, stage fright, whatever it is, the days when the Aces were winning away matches for fun seems like ancient history.

Without 4 key riders, Wolves never remotely looked like losing

Belle Vue Heat Leader Shawn Moran

Ratings
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Whilst agreeing with the sentiments above about Lindgren, Wolves reserves appeared to have little problem tonight inflicting yet another damaging defeat on the Aces who have completely lost the ability to land a blow on Wolves at Monmore Green. Lack of belief, lack of confidence, stage fright, whatever it is, the days when the Aces were winning away matches for fun seems like ancient history.

Without 4 key riders, Wolves never remotely looked like losing
    Track is no easy ride