Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Aces Vs Wolves 11.10.2017 - PREDICTIONS ONLY

Administrator Sren Sjsten
    Ratings
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh View Post
    Does nobody do the scores anymore?
    I know theres the Speedway Update site but would be good to have it on here so we can discuss how the meeting is going.
    We currently have nobody to do the updates on the computer.
    We are happy to provide text updates if you are happy to update on here?

Or anyone else for that matter.

2. Likes Swoosh liked this post
    Belle Vue Heat Leader Alan Wilkinson
    Ratings
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    We all want good racing. However, if we are racing well but losing the majority of meetings it would be disheartening to say the least. But then, I'm not an old reactionary....
    No you sound like a young sad activist what's disheartening about losing matches if you've seen good racing

Anyone who stops going because their team are losing matches are not speedway fans one team has to win a league and one has to finish bottom that's life.
    Last edited by barum; 12-10-2017 at 12:27 PM.

4. Likes Scorpion liked this post
    Belle Vue Second String Joe Screen

Ratings
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Ace View Post
    We currently have nobody to do the updates on the computer.
    We are happy to provide text updates if you are happy to update on here?

Or anyone else for that matter.
    I’m usually at the track, chanced(rightly, sort of) that it wouldn’t be on because of the rain. That’s why I popped on.
    A shame there’s nobody to do the scores. Didn’t Calloway do it for a while? Ah well.

Ratings
    I dont give 2 hoots how good the racing is on Monday, this is cup final and its all about the winning. Any Aces fan who choose to stay away last night is not a proper fan imo, but luckly you have a chance to not let your team down on monday.
    Aces Pride

7. Thanks Swoosh thanked for this post
    Likes Scorpion, youngy105 liked this post
    Belle Vue Second String Charlie Gjedde

Ratings
    Jack's heat win last night was my Speedway moment of the year - Brilliant, moments like that are why we should stick with OUR reserves.

I don't mind losing, it's more important IMO to be entertained by 2 competitive teams serving up close racing, if we win it's a bonus.

9. Likes barum, miggy, Scorpion liked this post
    Ratings
    Quote Originally Posted by Superace View Post
    I dont give 2 hoots how good the racing is on Monday, this is cup final and its all about the winning. Any Aces fan who choose to stay away last night is not a proper fan imo, but luckly you have a chance to not let your team down on monday.
    Well there can't be many proper aces fans then because the crowd last night was piss poor.
    The management made a mistake running last night they had to pay out a lot of expenses and must have known the crowd would be severely affected by the weather they should have gone for the Monday in the first place.
    Leicester did the right thing by calling it off early and rescheduling for next Monday.
    Hopefully a good crowd will now be there on Monday so they can recoup some of the loss from yesterday
    Last edited by barum; 12-10-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Ratings
    Quote Originally Posted by youngy105 View Post
    How about blaming the clowns running the sport in General.

Our first Cup meeting was back in April and we're 2 weeks away from the Season Closing in the UK and we're scrabbling round to fulfil this Cup Final fixture. You can't always blame the BV Management for everything you know.
    fair point youngy. as you will have gathered i have no time for the muppets who are running the sport in to the ground. but bv deciding to run this meeting showed total incompetence. i no bv are desperate for the cash but this was foolish waste of everyone time. it will cost them thousands more now.

Ratings
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh View Post
    I’m usually at the track, chanced(rightly, sort of) that it wouldn’t be on because of the rain. That’s why I popped on.
    A shame there’s nobody to do the scores. Didn’t Calloway do it for a while? Ah well.
    I did mate and didn’t mind doing them but wasn’t asked do them this season
    N S N O

Belle Vue Heat Leader Chris Morton

Ratings
    Quote Originally Posted by downthevale View Post
    You are as usual missing the point tonight I don't care if we win 75-15 in the final any other time I want to see closely fought matches in
    One of the best meetings I ever saw was around 1969 or 1970 when the Colts beat Eastbourne 63-15. In almost every race all four riders finished within a bike length of each other with the Colts riders usually finishing first and second. One of the Eastbourne riders on that day was a young David Jessup, perhaps some of the more senior contributors to this site may well remember that meeting.

Ratings
    Quote Originally Posted by Austerlander View Post
    Jack's heat win last night was my Speedway moment of the year - Brilliant, moments like that are why we should stick with OUR reserves.

I don't mind losing, it's more important IMO to be entertained by 2 competitive teams serving up close racing, if we win it's a bonus.
    Easy to say when weve had 3 seasons of winning a lot of matches. I dont believe for 1 minute anyone would be happy if we lost every week no matter how good the racing is. Yes we want to be entertained but winning is a big part of that entertainment.
    Aces Pride

15. Likes Scorpion liked this post